Well, this sure has been an interesting week for this campaign.
I wanted to find out if my landing page mocking my target page would convert better than a general landing page design. What I found out wasn’t quite what i expected.
In some cases, it helped, in some cases, it didn’t. 1 target went from negative ROI to 100% positive. Another 2 stayed positive, but ROI dropped about 20%, and 1 just bombed compared to the general landing page. Quite odd if you ask me.
I have some theories behind this:
So was this case study a total waste of time? Absolutely not. I gathered a ton of data. I experimented a lot and gout outside my comfort zone. Using the collected data, I can apply it to future campaigns, and constantly keep analyzing it to see why things went right and why some things turned sour. I know that testing landing page designs is a lot more important than I previously realized. While I always split test for the best results, I now know that perhaps I wasn’t thinking it through far enough.
So now I’m going back on these campaigns to rebuild landing pages and effectively split test them with 2-3 different landing pages, some general, some slighly based off the target, and all very light in size. This is what I have concluded will convert the best for me, although I can’t keep assuming this. It will be effectively split test on all my campaigns from here on out. PPV is a weird beast to tame, and is hardly ever consistent like this.